Prospect Burma is a non-political organization based in the United Kingdom that started in 1989. The organization initially focused on supporting refugees forced to flee Myanmar. They began raising money to buy books and classrooms in refugee schools, and provided an annual scholarship to one exiled Myanmar student to support him in attending university.
At Prospect Burma, they believe the best way to create deep and lasting peace and to help any country recover from the impact of conflict is by investing in education.
The organization works on three main programmes: Access to learning, leadership learning, and change in society. Through these three programs, Prospect Burma supports transformative education for qualified Myanmar students, regardless of their religious or ethnic background.
Over the years, Prospect Burma has grown significantly, by developing and expanding its scholarship programs, and has gone from offering one scholarship annually to offering approximately 80 to 90 scholarships annually. Prospect Burma Scholarship for International Students is a highly competitive partial scholarship intended for outstanding students who truly wish to contribute to the democratic development of Myanmar.
- Host institutions: Any accredited college or university, in any country, especially those in Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.
- Registration deadline: It starts on December 1, 2021 and ends on January 31, 2024.
- Number of scholarships: Prospect Burma provides both new students and continuing students with approximately 80 to 90 scholarships annually.
To be eligible for the Prospect Burma Scholarship, students must:Read:Tigermücke: Die Krankheitsüberträgerin erobert die Welt
- Be originally from Myanmar; Priority will be given to applicants currently living in and applying from Myanmar.
- Be registered, enrolled or have been accepted for a Bachelor’s degree/Master’s degree/or Doctorate degree. At an accredited college or university, in any country, especially Southeast Asian countries and Hong Kong. Prospect Burma will require a copy of admission letter from the university only for shortlisted candidates.
- Find and obtain the medical insurance necessary for their studies.
- You must have a strong academic record.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to pursue higher education.
- Be from disadvantaged families and/or can demonstrate financial need.
- Committed to returning to Myanmar after graduation and have a vision for their contribution to Myanmar’s democratic development.
- Students who are studying/want to study for an undergraduate degree in countries with high costs of living, such as North America, Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Europe, Japan or Korea, are not eligible unless a significant tuition fee waiver is offered by the university.
The scholarship can cover costs associated with tuition fees, academic study materials and living expenses including accommodation and food.Read:Juckreiz an 5 Körperstellen: Ursachen und Auslöser
The scholarship does not cover:
- Expenses of the researcher’s family;
- An additional flight ticket during the course of the study;
- Expenses related to field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships that do not contribute to degrees.
How to apply:
To apply for this scholarship, applicants must fill out the application form available on the official website of Prospect Burma.
After completing the first page of their application and clicking Next, applicants will see an application reference number that they should keep in mind as it will enable them to retrieve their form if they encounter any problems before submitting their application.
Once they submit their application, applicants will receive a new reference number that they must keep. They will also receive an automatic email from the server with instructions to submit the required documents.
Required Documents :
- A copy of recent academic records.
- Graduation certificates.
- Two letters of recommendation: At least one of them must be an academic reference and the other form can also be an academic or from a professional contact.
- Proof of admission to the university course if the applicant is shortlisted for interview.
- Information about any other awards or awards the applicant has received – If the student has received any other awards or awards, they must include this information in the application and send a copy of any letter or agreement you have.
- Details of English language qualifications.
- A copy of the personal data page of the applicant’s passport.
Visit the official website of Prospect Burma International Scholarship for more details.Read:Neue Modellierungstechnik im 3D-Bioprinting ermöglicht Darstellung komplexer Krebsarten