Switzerland is not only famous for its gorgeous mountains and lakes, delicious chocolate and good cheese, but it is also famous for having some of the best universities in the world.
Switzerland has won many Nobel Prizes in many fields, and is internationally recognized for offering high-quality study programmes. It is a dream destination for most international students. However, the only annoying thing about Switzerland is the cost of living. Living in Switzerland is very expensive compared to other countries in Europe. Therefore, students look for funding sources such as scholarships.
Every year the Swiss government and Swiss universities offer scholarships to international students seeking to continue their studies there.
The Swiss Confederation offers the following Government Excellence Scholarships for international students in order to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and other countries.
Selected candidates are selected by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students and are intended for young foreign researchers who have completed a master’s or doctoral degree. As well as foreign artists with a bachelor’s degree.
- Host country: Switzerland.
- He writes: Fully funded.
- Delivery time: The application deadline varies depending on the country (see official website below).
The award covers the following expenses:Read:So ungesund ist übermäßig viel Eiweiß
- Research Fund.
- A monthly salary of 1,920 Swiss francs.
- flight tickets.
- Housing allowance (300 Swiss francs).
- Free accommodation.
- health insurance.
- Exemption from full tuition fees.
Types of scholarships:
There are two types of scholarships; Technical grants and research grants.
Technical grants We target art students who want to pursue a master’s degree at any Swiss art university or conservatory. However, the scholarship is only open to students from a specific number of countries.
On the other side, Research grant It is open to post-graduate researchers in any discipline who wish to pursue their research or further studies at doctoral or post-doctoral level in Switzerland.
Before applying Research grantCandidates must first be selected by an academic advisor at one of the following institutions: all Swiss cantonal universities, the universities of applied sciences, and the two Federal Institutes of Technology.
The selection is based on the following criteria:
- Applicant’s profile.
- The quality of the artistic work or research project.
- Synergies and potential for further research collaboration.
- Candidates who have been residing in Switzerland for more than one year at the start of the scholarship in September are not eligible.
- Candidates must submit a letter from a host academic professor, explaining why they wish to support and supervise the research. A short biography of the professor must also be provided.
- Candidates must have a research proposal that includes a time frame.
- An applicant who has already benefited from this award is not eligible to apply again.
Documents required to apply for the Swiss Excellence Scholarship:
- Signed FCS application form with photos.
- A complete CV with list of academic publications, awards, etc.
- Maximum motivation letter. 2 pages.
- Maximum complete research proposal. Pages, exclusively using the FCS Research Proposal Form, must be signed.
- 2 letters of recommendation from two different professors.
- Copies of credentials, degree papers and diplomas with degrees from universities you previously attended.
- Signed FCS health certificate form.
- 2 copies of the applicant’s passport.
Applicants need to send these documents to the local Swiss country embassies.Read:University of Regina UR Circle of Scholars Entrance Scholarship 2024/2024, Canada – . 2024
- The deadline varies from country to country but is between September and December.
For more details, visit the official website here.